New York self-insurance programs are a great option for large or public employers.
Requiring approval of the Workers’ Compensation Board, and usually the posting of financial security, self-insurance offers the employer the opportunity to hire its own claims and safety Third-Party Administrator. Self-Insurance Workers’ Compensation programs are generally recommended for very large employers, or public entities.
GCG Risk Management, Inc. has been licensed by the Workers’ Compensation Board to represent self-insurers in New York State since 1977. Our staff of experienced claims examiners and attorneys permits us to provide a broad range of services to those employers who qualify for self-insurance workers compensation.
GCG will provide a quote for these self-insurance programs under “Request a Proposal.”
Self-Insurance: Value-Added Services
Self-Insurance Claims Administration
- FROI – First Report of Injury
- Claims Processing
- Claims Investigation
- Payment of Indemnity & Medical Claims
- Medical Bill Review
- Attendance at Administrative Hearings
- Mandatory Claims Filing Requirements
- Establish and Review Case Reserves
- Case Specific SLU Negotiation
- Claims Settlement
- Claims Apportionment
- Workers’ Compensation Board Required Filings
Other Self Insurance Services
- Excess Workers’ Compensation Coverage
- Surety & Security Requirements
- Advice and Counsel on Administrative Changes