New York self insurance plans are a great option for large or public employers.
Requiring approval of the Workers’ Compensation Board, and usually the posting of financial security, a New York self insurance workers comp plan offers the employer the opportunity to hire its own claims and safety Third-Party Administrator. Self Insured Workers Compensation plans are generally recommended for very large employers, or public entities.
GCG Risk Management, Inc. has been licensed by the Workers’ Compensation Board to represent self-insurers in New York State since 1977. Our staff of experienced claims examiners and attorneys permits us to provide a broad range of services to those employers who qualify for self insurance workers compensation.
GCG will provide a no obligation quote for these self insurance workers comp plans under “Request a Proposal.”
Self Insurance: Value-Added Services
Self Insurance Claims Administration
- FROI – First Report of Injury
- Claims Processing
- Claims Investigation
- Payment of Indemnity & Medical Claims
- Medical Bill Review
- Attendance at Administrative Hearings
- Mandatory Claims Filing Requirements
- Establish and Review Case Reserves
- Claims Settlement
- Claims Apportionment
- Workers’ Compensation Board Required Filings
Other Self Insurance Services
- Excess Workers’ Compensation Coverage
- Surety & Security Requirements
- Advice and Counsel on Administrative Changes